Thursday, July 19, 2012

Reflecting on Life

The below song I wrote a few weeks ago on June 23, 2012. For the last few months I have been feeling my inner song writer and have penned several songs with out accompanying music yet the tune and format in my head. This morning as I rolled over from my sleep I heard my phone alert me of an inbox message on Facebook. The message was from "Sassy" aka Saundra Harris in which  she in boxed me and my production partner Paul Franklin that Tree "Sean" had passed in a motorcycle accident. As I headed for the showers to start my day after hearing this news the song I wrote a few weeks prior came to my head as if it were a song on the radio in heavy rotation. The song speaks it all and now I dedicate it to Tree "Sean" the Creator of Blasst Radio, Iseecolorlive.TV on air personality, funny guy, comedian, cook, mechanic and many other things. The lyrics to the song say it all bruh.


I wrote this song a few weeks ago but have yet to actually find the tune to have it composed to but it is to the flow of almost Modern Country song type feel but today this song seems so relevant.


THE DAY BEFORE YOU DIE

[CHORUS]:
The day before you die
You still get up make your ham and eggs
The day before you die
The day before you die
It all still seems the same 
[END CHORUS]:
Verse 1
But the very next day it begins to change
You’re so close to no more pleasure no more pain
You wanna give up cause you broke up
Life don’t always give you the explain
So pick your head up put the knife down
Let the world know you stronger than you know
But if tomorrow is the day 
Today is the day
Before your final day
The day before you die
Verse 2
You reach for clothes still go to work
Still Running late leaving working early
Think you got more time
But time you ain’t got
Cause tomorrow is your judgement day
Friends be standing round say I just saw him or her
You still get up wash your face
Putting on lucky draws  
Too bad luck runs out
It all still seems the same
[Chorus]












Filmmaker/Writer
Jermaine JER JOH Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment